How about somebody starts caring about voice recognition of freak languages?
Google starts betting heavily on voice recognition; unfortunately, anything built on that will be completely irrelevant to Switzerland. My native language is one of the ~10 distinct Swiss German dialects. Sure, I can switch to proper German or English, but as a customer I'm alienated by having to do this.
As most of the world will be online 10 years from now, people's languages and dialects should be taken more seriously. There are some huge opportunities there for companies that get it right.
Google starts betting heavily on voice recognition; unfortunately, anything built on that will be completely irrelevant to Switzerland. My native language is one of the ~10 distinct Swiss German dialects. Sure, I can switch to proper German or English, but as a customer I'm alienated by having to do this.
As most of the world will be online 10 years from now, people's languages and dialects should be taken more seriously. There are some huge opportunities there for companies that get it right.
No comments :
Post a Comment